The Club was founded in 1890 and originally occupied the premises of the former Liberal Club at the east end of the High Street, opposite the entrance to the railway subway. It was then called the Horley Conservative Club and later relocated to the northern corner of the junction between High Street and Victoria Road.
When female suffrage was won after World War l, the name was then changed to "Constitutional" so as to allow the exclusion of ladies!
In 1961 the Club moved to its present premises at 1 Albert Road, which was opened by the Rt Hon Henry Brooke MP, Minister for Housing and Welsh Affairs. It had by then gained the affectionate name of "The Con Club" and remained very popular among local businessmen.
Later, in more enlightened times, lady members were introduced and a more relaxed dress code developed.
In 1990, to celebrate its centenary year, the prestigious upstairs lounge was opened by the Rt Hon Peter Brooke MP, Secretary of State for Northern Ireland and son of Henry Brooke.
With a current membership of over 500 members, the Club remains an attractive venue for social ambience; currently providing food and a variety of functions, sports and games.
The club is run (on a day-to-day basis) by an elected committee, but many members also work hard for the Club outside the formal structure – literally, the Club is its members.
The club has always been politically supportive of Conservative ideals, and remains, to this day, a member of the Association of Conservative Clubs.